MN Handgun Permit to Carry Training and Handgun Permit Renewals
NOTE: Chris Kellett is working on writing/publishing her books and developing new courses. If you are currently looking for a Permit to Carry or renewal class, please contact Tom Lund at 218-363-2914.
Minnesota Personal Safety Training & Lund Enterprises LLC offer the most comprehensive handgun permit to carry and renewal courses available and has instructed well over 6,200 students, qualifying them to apply for a Permit to Carry a Self-Defense Firearm.
Our course curriculum is approved by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety and thoroughly covers many topics including:
- Legal parameters of citizens’ use of deadly force
- How to avoid conflict
- Actions and recommendations following a deadly force incident
- Interaction with police
- Legal aspects of handgun possession
- Practical aspects, equipment, traveling with a firearm, restrictions
- Recognition and additional state permits
- Choosing a defensive handgun
- Self-defense shooting qualification
You will leave this course confident that if you are ever involved in a deadly force incident, the education you received will greatly assist you in surviving physically as well as legally.
Cost includes workbook, handouts, and range fees.
Renewal classes classes are offered monthly and are about an hour shorter. However, renewals are welcome to attend any of our Permit to Carry Classes at the renewal rate, so please check our class calendar for the date that works best for you.
We also offer Beginner's Instruction for those who are new to shooting.